Background

Background

Marvel Cinematic Universe Release Dates Revealed - My Predictions


DC/Warner Brother's weren't the only studio to recently set release dates for their shared movie universe. Marvel, who's cinematic universe has already been well established, has set 6 more release dates to add to a few movies which have already been confirmed for Phase 3. Like I did with DC's, I will now try (and most likely fail) to predict what movies will come out on the confirmed dates.





These are just my predictions for what they will be. Some of the dates already have confirmed movies occupying them, and they will be clearly indicated. So from now until early 2019, this is how I see the MCU playing out:


May 1st 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron  (CONFIRMED)

----------------------------------------------- END OF PHASE 2 --------------------------------------------------

July 17th 2015 - Ant-Man  (CONFIRMED)

May 6th 2016 - Captain America 3  (CONFIRMED)

July 8th 2016 - Doctor Strange  (CONFIRMED)

May 5th 2017 - Thor 3

July 28th 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2  (CONFIRMED)

November 3rd 2017 - Ms Marvel

May 5th 2018 - Avengers 3

----------------------------------------------- END OF PHASE 3 -------------------------------------------------

July 6th 2018 - Black Panther

November 2nd 2018 - The Inhumans

May 3rd 2019 - The Incredible Hulk 2


So we know that The Avengers: Age of Ultron will finalise phase 2 and, barring any more production issues, Ant-Man will kick of Phase 3 just 2 and a half months after phase 2 wraps up. Other confirmed movies for Phase 3 are Captain America 3 (where the Russo brothers will return to direct), Doctor Strange (to be directed by Scott Derickson) and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (where James Gunn will also return to direct).

The rest is all guess work, but I think that Thor 3 will come out between Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. As far as I'm aware a script has been written and it would only make sense considering Avenger's comrades Iron Man and Captain America will both have their trilogies by then.

As for the November 2017 date, I think that'll be Ms Marvel. Marvel have hinted at a female led superhero movie and I think its about time we got one. Many speculate that Black Widow could get her own movie in 2017, but I don't think that would be necessary considering she gets enough screen time in the Captain America movies.

I believe that Phase 3 will end in 2018 and not 2019 as I think Marvel will keep to their 3 year gap. I think The Avengers 3 will happen then and will conclude Phase 3, and hopefully we'll see Thanos being a badass in it!

The 3 movies which I believe will be in Phase 4 are Black Panther, The Inhumans and a solo Hulk movie. Black Panther has been talked about a lot by Kevin Feige much like Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy were, and they've both got their movies! Speaking of Guardians, I believe that movie has proven that an Inhumans movie can work and that they can introduce one more relatively unknown superhero team and make it work.

I want a solo Hulk movie a lot and I think it'll come out in May 2019. I believe the Hulk has a huge hand to play in The Avengers 2 and 3 and we'll see his story arc (hopefully) continue into Phase 4.

So those are my predictions. Agree or disagree? Comment below.

Thanks for reading,
Matt




No comments:

Post a Comment