Background

Background

The Hangover Part III Movie Review


2 reviews in one day? First time that's ever happened. But because I saw this movie around May time and I want to review all the movies I've seen this Summer before it ends, I gotta do this. My last review was Scary Movie V, and while I'm in the mood to talk about bad movies lets review The Hangover Part III shall we..

Who knew the Hangover would become a trilogy. I didn't think so, what's the point other than the studio getting more money? Hangover 3 is unlike the second film as it isn't a complete rehash of the first film. It's an adventure movie. Immediately I'm thinking "You're titling the film after something which it isn't". Not a good start.

This movie revolves around Mr Chow. You know, that Asian guy who was really funny in previous instalments. I think that was because you get enough of Chow that you were satisfied yet still wanted to see more. This movie just crosses this line. Too much of Chow can make you sick.

As for the wolf pack members, I liked 3 out of the 4 in this movie because they are believable characters. Unlike Zach Galifianakis character. He's such an arsehole in this movie and I didn't like that fact. It was a story arch that they decided that I just wasn't a fan of.

As for the story, its ok. However, there are just too many twists in the plot that's already lacking compared to previous films.

As for the comedy. It's quite uncomfortable actually. It's not out of touch or anything like Scary Movie 5, but the reaction shots they put in the film where the audience is supposed to be laughing are just so uncomfortable because nobody is laughing. Never did I laugh out loud in this movie. A few chuckles here and there, but nothing special.

Its not a badly made movie but the more I talk about it the more I dislike it. It's such a let down to the first Hangover film which makes it even worse.


Rating - D

1 sentence summary - An uncomfortable watch, a film that lets down the incredibly hilarious first instalment.


That's my view on Hangover 3. What's yours?  Comment below and let me know.

Thanks for reading, summer movies that I enjoyed a lot more than the last 2 I reviewed are coming very shortly indeed.

Stay tuned for then,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment