Background

Background

Leaked Trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)?


A supposedly leaked trailer for Batman v Superman has been released on the Internet and here is what I have to say about it. To watch the trailer, click down below:





The Batman v Superman movie is honestly one of the reasons I am still alive at this point and is probably the thing I talk about the most. A few days ago this trailer was posted on YouTube and it claims to be a teaser trailer for the film, possibly one DC were planning to show at Comic Con.

First off, it is a 100% fake. It's a well made fake for sure but for 3 things give it away:


1) The Logos - As far as I know I don't think that Syncopy and Legendary are involved in the movie. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they Christopher Nolan's companies? And if they are they wouldn't be on the trailer as he isn't involved in the movie. Sure he'll get noted as he helped to write Man of Steel, but he isn't really involved with this movie as far as I'm aware.

2) Batman's breathing - Batman looks a lot like he does in the Arkham games, which leads me to believe that they used the Arkham Batman while animating the trailer. That didn't really bug me at all as I knew it was fake but what did was how heavily Batman was breathing! Has he literally just beaten up a couple criminals, drove home in his Batmobile, ran down to the Batcave and switch on his monitors and at that precise time Zod's message was being broadcasted? I doubt it. He reminds me of when Cristiano Ronaldo prepares to take a free kick. I don't buy it at all!

3) That head turn though - It's pretty quick to say the least. No human being would dramatically turn their head as quickly as Batman does in this trailer!


I actually really like the trailer. I think it's a brilliantly constructed and edited trailer. My favourite thing about it is that it links together this movie and the events of Man of Steel, something I hope they link together well in the actual movie. I also like how it spoils absolutely nothing in terms of other characters and plot details.

So I'm not going to ask if you think the trailer is fake, but I will ask what do you want to see from DC at Comic Con? I want them to confirm their film slate, give us a few images of Wonder Woman and a small teaser trailer, something along the lines of this one.

Thanks for reading,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment